Answers to Sentence Joining Exercise ..1
- Since my uncle was the vice-principal of my college, I thought I could pay the fees after the last date, as the delay was due to my sickness lasting for four days. [OR] My four-day sickness made me miss my last date for paying college fees, but I assumed I would face no difficulties as my uncle was the vice-principal.
- The coconut-laden, speeding truck overturned at the sharp bend of the road, and villagers rushed to take away the strewn coconuts.
- Minu, being the tallest girl in the class, uses her height to ace in basketball and get selected as the captain.
- Being the monitor of the class, Neha approached the principal about drinking water distress caused by the dry taps in hot summer, but the latter said willy-nilly that supplying water was not her job.
- After a 10-km cycle journey, I entered the hostel room and switched on the fan regulator, but I had to rush out in panic seeing smoke coming out of the regulator.