February 27, 2021
- Domestic giant Vinay Kumar bids adieu
- Padikkal takes Karnataka home
- ‘Hurricane’ Yusuf calls it a day
February 26, 2021
1. Axar, Ashwin propel India to 2-1 lead as Test hurtles to a two-day finish
Bid adieu & call it a day .. Both mean more or less the same. It means ending a career or a job officially. Bidding adieu also means saying good bye.
March 5, 2021
- England’s batting comes unstuck against quality spin yet again
- Pollard’s 666666 ruins hat-trick man Dananjaya’s night
March 4, 2021
- WTC final spot on the line, pitch still the focus in Motera showdown
- The best know that for a champion there is no home ground
March 3, 2021
- ICC ‘Player of the Month’: Ashwin, Root and Mayers in contention
March 2, 2021
- Woods touched by sartorial tribute
Bid adieu .. It means say ‘good bye’ to something. On July 1, 1997, the British bid adieu to Hong Kong ending nearly 170 years of colonial rule.
Take something / someone home .. The humble school teacher was constructing a temple in his village, but was struggling for funds to complete the construction. A government grant came in in the last moment, and enabled the teacher to take the completion work home.
Call it a day ..To end something .. After the local tribal people began an agitation against the upcoming steel plant, the company called it a day and quit the site in disgust.
Hurtle .. The spacecraft hurtled through the earth’s atmosphere at great speed, and was burnt to ashes.
To come unstuck.. In 1962 order war with China, Indian armed forces came unstuck due to their unpreparedness for the war.
On the line .. It means ‘at serious risk;.In the West Bengal state elections, BJP President Amit Shah has out his reputation on the line by asserting that his party would defeat Mamata to form the government.
In contention .. It means ‘under consideration’.. India has been in the contention for a seat in the UNSC for far too long.