Odia to English Translation – 27
English Skill Building – 120
୧. ସ୍ତ୍ରୀ ସ୍ବାମୀଙ୍କୁ କହିଲେ, “ଆମ ଅଫିସ୍ ଭିତର ଅବସ୍ଥା ଅତି କଦର୍ଯ୍ୟ। ମୋତେ ଚାକିରୀ ଛାଡିବାକୁ ହେଵ।“
୨. କତିପୟ ଚରମ ହିନ୍ଦୁବାଦୀଙ୍କର କାର୍ଯ୍ୟକଳାପ ଯୋଗୁଁ ବିଜେପି ବଦନାମ୍ ହେଉଛି ଓ ପ୍ରଧାନ ମନ୍ତ୍ରୀଙ୍କ କାର୍ଯ୍ୟରେ ବାଧା ସୃଷ୍ଟି କରୁଛି।
୩. ମୁଁ ଦୁଇଟି ଅଲଗା ଅଲଗା କମ୍ପାନୀରୁ ଚାକିରି ଅଫର୍ ପାଇବା ପରେ ମୋର ଆନନ୍ଦର ସୀମା ରହିନି। ହେଲେ କେଉଁଠି ଯୋଗ ଦେବି ସେ ନେଇ ଦ୍ବନ୍ଦରେ ପଡ଼ିଯାଇଛି।
୪. ଛାତ୍ରସମାଜଙ୍କର ବର୍ତ୍ତମାନର ଅସ୍ଥିରତା ମୂଳରେ ଅଛି ଚାକିରୀର ଅଭାବ।
Suggested words: Hinder, Dreadful, Appealing, Fanatic, Disrepute, Root, Vacillate, Dilemma, Blemish, Euphoric, Disgrace, Unease
i) Using the suggested words:
1. The wife said to her husband, “The internal affairs of our office is dreadful. I must resign.”
2. The activities of fanatic Hindus is blemishing/tarnishing BJP’s image/bringing BJP into disrepute and hindering PM Modi’s work.
3. I am euphoric on receiving job offers from two different companies but there is a dilemma as to where I should join.
4. The lack of jobs is the root of the unease amongst the youth.
ii) Model Translations with rich vocabulary
1. The wife rued to her husband, “The office atmosphere is too vitiated for me to continue. I must quit.”
2. BJP’s name is being sullied due to the mischief of a handful of Hindu fanatics. It’s hindering Prime Minister Modi’s work.
3. I became euphoric on receiving job offers from two different companies. Now, I face a dilemma trying to decide where to join.
4. Scarcity of jobs is at the root of the student unrest.