ISC – Grammar – 1
English Skill Building – 25
Modify the sentences, so that they can have the starting word or phrase as indicated
1. My colleague is a bit loquacious. He is loved by one and all for his altruism.
Modified – Although __________
2. A new neighbor occupied a flat in our apartment. He is a rock star. His band practices till mid night. We have to stay awake till his artists stop.
Modified – Ever __________
3. The prime minister told his ministerial colleagues, “We have to take some unpleasant steps to rein in the burgeoning budget deficit.”
Modified : “The government has to __________,” __________ Prime minister.
4. The opposition parties bitterly complained against the use of EVMs in the election. Yet, the Election Commission went ahead with the machines for the elections.
Modified – Notwithstanding __________
5. ‘Did you not find any other alibi to forget our marriage anniversary?,” screamed the wife, as the husband looked helplessly.
Modified : The husband __________
1. Although my colleague is a bit loquacious, he is loved by one and all for his altruism.
2. Ever since a rock star neighbor occupied a flat in our apartment, we have to stay awake till midnight, because his band and the artists don’t stop their practice before that.
3. “The government has to take some unpleasant steps to rein in the burgeoning budget deficit,” cautioned the Prime minister.
4. Notwithstanding the bitter complaining by the opposition parties, the Election Commission went ahead with the machines for the election.
5. The husband looked on helplessly as the wife screamed at him for his alibi for forgetting their marriage anniversary.
Click here for more Sentence Rewriting Exercises.
Click here to access the entire English Skill Building series.