English Skill Building – 36
Grammar Exercise – 7
Fill in the gaps in the following sentences by choosing the right word from the choices give.
*If necessary, add ‘to’ before the word or –ing after it to make it fit into the sentence. For example, it would be either ‘to go’ or ‘going’.
[Make, Install, Audit, Cross-breed, Clock, Touch]
1. We have decided __________ a new computer in the office to improve efficiency.
2. I like gardening, and I really enjoy __________ different species of Rose.
3. We expect our collection __________ Rs. One million by year-end.
4. The woman Indian Olympic runner expects __________ 10 seconds in the 100-meter dash.
5. The RBI audit tem suggested __________ the books of the failed PMC Bank for the last ten years.
6. I didn’t know how to order the laptop I needed, but my mother offered __________ the right choice.
[Cook, Hold, Extend, Enjoy, Reverse, Convict]
1. We are making ready a brand new conference room __________ our company’s Annual General Meeting.
2. India’s economic growth is sliding, but the Finance Minster has promised __________ the downward trend.
3. In India, corrupt politicians are routinely arrested, but the courts hesitate __________ them.
4. The Bhubaneswar airport authorities are mulling __________ the runway by 300 meters.
5. I decided to leave the job, because I couldn’t pretend __________ the nasty jokes of my colleagues.
6. My mother has burnt her fingers, so she can’t manage __________ dinner tonight.
1. Install, 2. Cross-breeding, 3. To touch, 4. To clock, 5. Auditing, 6. To make
1. To hold, 2. To reverse, 3. To convict, 4. Extending, 5. Enjoying, 6. To cook
Click here for more English Grammar content.
Click here to access the entire English Skill Building series.