English Skill Building – 35
Grammar Exercise – 6
Fill in the blanks by selecting the right words from the list
1. I finished my Mathematics paper half an hour early. I had nothing else to do except __________ the bell to ring, so that I could hand over my answer script and run out of the hall.
2. I told my mom, “I am ready to do anything in the kitchen except __________ the floor.
3. It’s easier to play the guitar yourself than __________ it to a group of young learners.
4. The farmer’s wife screamed, “I have to feed the bullocks and __________ the children.”
5. It is as easy to smile as __________.
6. Why don’t you do something useful like __________ the car?
7. What an antibiotic does is __________ the pace of killing the infecting bacteria.
[Swab, Look after, Wait for, Demonstrate, Frown, Wash, Hasten]
1. Wait for, 2. Swab, 3. Demonstrate, 4. Look after, 5. Frown, 6. Wash, 7. Hasten
Click here for more English Grammar content.
Click here to access the entire English Skill Building series.